Who should attend?
This one-day workshop is designed to maximize the contributions of every individual to build a winning team, united in spirit and with a shared vision. If you lead a team or are a member of a team, this workshop will enable you to develop strategies to identify and capitalize on the different strengths of each person, improve communications and build trust and cooperation among team members for total team performance.
What will you learn?
Use team building, conflict management skills and your understanding of team and individual behavior styles to articulate key business and interpersonal issues and work on them. Create a supportive environment to resolve turf battles, build trust, remove barriers and pave the way for breakthrough team performances.
Key Learning Points
- Infuse energy and a “can do” team spirit and grow the talents of team members
- Create a common language for dealing with team goals, processes and responsibilities
- Assess each person’s natural team role and individual approach to teamwork
- Appreciate and reinforce the strengths and contributions of other team members
- Identify opportunities for team members to do team building and make specific plans and commitments to foster the ongoing process of team building
This workshop is interactive and involves team building exercises, group discussion, brainstorming, practice and the situational application of skills. Students are totally involved in the learning process.
What is a Team?
- Define Team Characteristics
- Analyze Shared Values That Influence Motivation
- Evaluate Team Alignment
How Do You Make it Happen?
- Evaluate Your Communication Skills
- Turn Negative Behaviors Into Positives
- Take Responsibility For Roles
What is Your Place in The Team?
- Describe Your Team Member Role
- Evaluate Your Roles And Responsibilities
- Examine Your Motivators
- Recognize Your Talents, Skills And Strengths Within The Team
Personal Leadership Responsibilities
- Examine Personal Team Roles
- Determine When To Lead And When To Follow
- Define The Decision-Making And Problem Solving Processes
- List Tools Needed For Effective Decision-Making
Commitment for Success
- Build A Plan For Continual Success Within The Team