Who should attend?
What is your call center culture? What truly motivates your agents and employees? What is the leadership style of your call center? Have you ever asked yourself, “How do we do business around here?” Your corporate strategy, vision, mission and values all set the tone for your corporate culture. What is the written and verbal message you send to your employees and do you and your leadership team members “wall the talk?” This 1-day workshop is designed for leadership team members who have responsibility for establishing, maintaining and changing culture in the call center. This workshop is ideal for intact work teams facing change.
What will you learn?
This session deals with the successful transformation to a positive call center culture. Leadership and relationships are the keys to creating a positive culture, motivating employees and employee retention. Your agents have the most powerful impact on your customer satisfaction and retention. It pays to invest in developing a positive culture, training and developing your supervisors and managers. The focus is on defining roles and responsibilities, increasing professionalism, developing resources and mentors, managing work through others, self-assessment of skills and knowledge and developing a business and personal development plan for success.
Key Learning Points
- Understand “culture” the truths and the myths
- Understand the Roles and Goals of Managers and Leaders – Define Areas of Accountability
- Develop a positive culture – what it takes
- Learn the impact of culture on your front line employees
- Use the principles of the Service Profit Chain to build culture
- Learn Motivation and Retention Strategies for Agents
This workshop is interactive and involves team building exercises, group discussion, brainstorming, practice and the situational application of skills. Students are totally involved in the learning process. Some pre-course work is required, i.e. collect and bring to class, Company mission, job descriptions, appraisal standards, etc.
Importance of Culture on Customers/Employees
- The Myths and the Truths of Culture
- The Most Important Keys to Positive Culture
- Your Role – Responsibilities and Outputs
- Vision, Mission, Values
- Power Dynamics-Walk the Talk
- Stakeholders and Roles
Managing the Culture
- Principles of the Service Profit Chain
- Benefits of Building Employee Capability
- What Employees Want – Motivate and Retain Agents
Leadership and Management Skills Can Be Learned and Developed
- Examine the Development Process
- Explore the 6 Core Skill Areas
- Explore Skill Development Ideas
Your Personal Development/Business Plan
- Prepare Your Personal Development & Business Plan
- Feedback and Coaching on Your Plan