Who should attend?
This workshop is designed to give call center agents the skills to effectively communicate in writing to respond to client e-mail and e-chat (chat-text) messages.
What will you learn?
Learn the importance of making a good impression with your e-mail, and how to format it for business-to-business communications. Apply the S.C.O.R.E. process to the techniques learned so that e-mail chat messages exceed customers’ needs and expectations. Look at some basic steps for posting on the Internet to utilize the full potential of the communications media.
Key Learning Points
- Use effective grammar, punctuation and sentence structure
- Clarify the customer message – identify stated and unstated needs
- Determine the best approach and appropriate “netiquette”
- Organize the message for impact
- Write concise messages and present information efficiently
- Effective e-chat – establish rapport, problem solve and provide effective solutions
- Ensure use of world-class customer care skills when responding to e-chat, e-mail
This workshop is interactive and involves team building exercises, group discussion, brainstorming, practice and the situational application of skills. Students are totally involved in the learning process. Students demonstrate competency by responding to e-mail/e-chat messages, receive individual feedback and coaching by Call Center Learning Solutions Master Trainer.
Introduction to E-Mail
- Learn the “Why’s” for Using E-Mail
- Identify the Differences Between Then and Now
- Identify Customer Expectations
Basics of Writing E-Mail
- Develop Clear Concise Messages
- Examine Word Usage
- Identify Best Grammar Techniques
- Learn E-Mail Vocabulary
Plan and Compose Effective Messages
- Use Techniques Learned to Develop Quality E-Mail
- Practice Real-Time Examples
- Receive Individual Feedback and Coaching
E-Chat – A Communications Process Using S.C.O.R.E.
- S=Sensitive to Needs
- C=Care in Composing
- O=Organize Content
- R=Respond Effectively
- E=Edit and Evaluate