Who should attend?
This 2-day workshop is designed to give call center managers, supervisors and team leaders (coaches) the skills, confidence and practice to work with employees to effectively manage performance improvements and to deal with the conflict that occurs in some performance management situations.
What will you learn?
Understand the impact of performance issues on the team, the business and the bottom line. Stimulate employee growth, performance and development with empowering feedback solutions. Develop a strategy to bring conflict and nonperformance issues to resolution. This course prepares you to identify developmental needs and formulate an action plan. You will understand how to apply your Occupational Performance Policy to manage and improve performance situations requiring disciplinary action.
Key Learning Points
- Learn effective techniques to mange the behavior styles of different individuals
- Use the 5-Steps to evaluate, manage and improve employee performance
- Develop a Performance Management Checklist to insure clarity and consistency in performance management
- Learn to objectively document behavior and performance
- Enable your employees to take ownership of and partner in their own growth and development
- Recognize and mange conflict and 4-steps to conflict resolution
- Use performance management skills during a performance management coaching simulation
This workshop is interactive and involves team building exercises, group discussion, brainstorming, practice and the situational application of skills. Students are totally involved in the learning process.
Note: If students have attended Coaching Skills for Call Center Leaders, then the first modules of this course are review.
Manage Different Behavior Styles
- Identify the Roles of the Coach
- Recognize the Traits of the 4 Major Behavior Styles
- Use Techniques that Work with Each Behavior Style
Your Center Strategy and Vision
- Recognize Signs of Conflict, Confrontational
- Tactics and Conflict Escalation
- Use Tactics to Manage Conflict
- 4- Steps of Conflict Resolution
5-Step Performance Management Process
- Set Expectations
- Evaluate non-performance and opportunities for improvement
- Use 5-Step Performance Management Checklist
- Learn Importance of Documentation
- Develop Action Plans to Improve Performance
Practice Conflict Management
- Put into Practice What Was Learned: Using 5-steps to performance management, the checklist and conflict resolution during a performance management coaching simulation.