Who should attend?
This workshop is designed to give agents the critical skills and practice to deal with difficult customers and situations to effectively satisfy client demands and retain your customer.
What will you learn?
Angry people and people who are difficult under a specific set of circumstances will always be a part of the call center agent’s job. This workshop will help agents deal with these situations. Agents will learn to identify and practice the elements of effectively communicating with people when they are at their “worst.” Agents will learn how to gain credibility and to build confidence and trust with their customers.
Key Learning Points
- Control personal “reactions” to demanding situations and people
- Learn and apply the 5 steps of self-management
- Effectively respond to your customer’s social style during a difficult situation
- Learn acknowledging words and phrases to care for customer problems
- Use powerful questioning techniques to gather critical information
- Present customer focused solutions to customer problems
- Identify causes of customer dissatisfaction
- Practice using the S.C.O.R.E. process to resolve difficult customer situations
This workshop is interactive and involves team building exercises, group discussion, brainstorming, practice and the situational application of skills. Students are totally involved in the learning process. Students practice each skill as it is learned. Students must demonstrate skills and mastery through End of Module and End of Course Role-play sessions with feedback and coaching by Call Center Learning Solutions Master Trainer.
Customer Care and Call Handling Skills for Call Center Agents.
The Causes and Impact of Upset Customers
- Statistics on the Impact of Angry Customers
- Reasons customers become angry
- Fix the customer first
- Choose your response/behavior in difficult times
- Affirm your customer care behavior/attitude
- Apply the 5 steps of self-management
Difficult Customers and their Social Styles
- Recognize the verbal clues given by your difficult customer
- Recognize the clues that help stop a negative situation before it starts
- Learn skills to modify personal behavior style for the customer’s benefit
Your V.O.I.C.E. and The Message it Brings
- Techniques to call control and call handling
- Identify the keys to sounding positive and professional
- Use Hero Vs Zero words
- Use voice skills to convey interest and care
Effectively Use S.C.O.R.E.
S = Sincerely Listen
C = Care and Empathize
O = Questioning
R = Resolve, Expectations, Agreement
E = End the Call